On Sundays Wayne enjoys a roast dinner, beef, pork or lamb – whatever’s going. Preceded and/or followed by a few pints of his favourite brew.
Yorkshire Puddings should ALWAYS be made from scratch.
Samuel Smiths is his favourite brewer.
He is very fond of late 50s/early 60s Rock ‘n’ Roll music.
He is right handed and always keeps a handkerchief about his person.
He likes going to the seaside and feeling the sun and the wind on his face.
If he’s having toast he prefers a crust, but this is by no means compulsory.
Snooker and Darts are both very good sports.
Despite the apparent Brut(e) force, Wayne is happiest retiring with a cigar, a whiskey and an old Jim Reeves LP.
He very rarely bites his nails.
Branston Beans are better than Heinz and Elvis is the King!
Top 5 Drummers (in no particular order):
- Sir John Henry Bonham – for everything. Maybe not the moustache though, eh!
- Keith Moon – for flamboyance, showmanship, imagination and sheer animal instinct.
- Dave Grohl – the lot! The perfect package, power, creativity and knowing when and when not to. The ultimate songsmith.
- Ian Paice – for amazing speed, fills and pure excitement.
- Ringo Starr – fantastic songsmith again, criminally under-rated in my opinion too. Playing along to The Beatles taught me how to play as a kid, so thanks. And for Thomas of course.
Top 4 Cheeses:
Some Nice Sounding Instruments:
- Xylophone / Glockenspiel
- Muted Trumpet
- Musical Saw
- The Sea
Some (not so) Nice Sounding Instruments:
- Whistling on Records
- Fucking Pan-Pipes
Perfect Yorkshire Puddings:
- 2 Eggs
- Half a cup of water
- Half a cup of milk
- 4 heaped tablespoons of flour
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together manually and leave to stand at room temperature for several hours
- Pre-heat the oven to max
- Pour some oil into a cake tin and heat in the oven for approximately 15 mins – the heat of the oil is the secret to rising!
- Quickly pour the batter mixture into the oil and return to the oven.
- Leave the door shut and allow the pudding to cook and rise for 30 mins.